Monday, November 9, 2009

Saw 6 Review

I went to see Saw 6 Friday night. Having watched the first 5, I was expecting this one to be bigger and better, but I was very disappointed.

If you have seen any of the "Saw's", you would know that they are very gruesome, violent and disturbing films. Even though Saw 6 was gruesome, violent and disturbing, it wasn't as good as the other 5.

As you know, these films are about a man who is dying of cancer. He plays games on people that have taken something for granted or treated another person badly. He teaches them a lesson. But theses lessons are very severe. He makes the unfortunate people to choose between life and death. And there are consequences. If you haven't seen these movies, Il let your imagination tell the rest of the story.

The exiting thing about the Saw films is that there is lots of twists and surprises as the film goes on. And when the film finishes, the viewer is totally shocked at the twist in the end. I didn't get a big shock or surprise when this film finished. It was very predictable. I knew what the outcome was going to be before it happened. That really disappointed me. Comparing Saw 6 to Saw 1, to me, there was a big difference.

Also, the "games" that the villain plays with people are very clever. You would wonder who could even think of such kinds of games. Saw 6 only had 2 games which really disappointed me.. Usually there would be five or six games played throughout the movies. In saw 6, I don't think there was enough games played. This may make me sound cruel, but this is what these Saw films are about, and Saw 6 really lacked that.

It would be helpful if you see Saw 1 to 5 before you see Saw 6. If you don't, the story wont make a whole lot of sense to you. Overall, I wasn't impressed with this film. I thought it didn't any justice to the other Saws. I would have preferred going to see a good romantic than see Saw 6. Overall, I would give this film a 4 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment